Thursday, October 1, 2020

Inventober Day 1: Spellbook

 

Inventober 'Spellbook' concept sketches 


For the first day of the challenge I wanted to approach the theme of fantasy in a way that has me looking at magic from the earth and that more intune with nature, I looked at imagery and designs of wiccan spellbooks and cookbooks.


I wanted to capture that ethereal feel of wiccan imagery and for the book to look like it had be lost in a forest so i looked at old decaying books where i came across books that had mushrooms growing out of them, i thought this would be the perfect thing to reference my concept art around. 

 

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Igor Siwanowicz, 2017


I used my concepts to also experiment with the positioning of the books and how this may affect how the mushrooms would grow out of the book and the different types of mushrooms I could show growing from the book. 


Another source of inspiration was an image of mushrooms releasing spores into the air; I felt this had a very magical feel so I tried to implement that into the concept.


I think for the rest of my inventober concepts I will carry on with the theme of mushrooms to see what I can create and possibly use this to influence my 4 week project with any research or imagery I come across. 

No comments:

Post a Comment