Friday, January 8, 2021

Semester 1 Project: Quill Concept Art, Colour Blocking Exploration

Colour Blocking Exploration 1


To start I used different shades of red, these were sampled from palettes inspired by photos of mushrooms. With this idea of mushroom inspired colours I attempted to apply this to the colour scheme of the outfit in another way by having the hat and cloak different colours.


Image References:


Colour Blocking Exploration 3


I took the idea of the hat and cloak colour being different from each other and explored that more, first with cool colours and then with warm colours.


Colour Blocking Exploration 4


My final part of this colour exploration I wanted to look further into the colour of fur I wanted Quill to have as i was not particularly satisfied with the colour she currently had at this stage and i knew i needed to explore this further, this involved researching and collecting colour samples from different types of rats and mice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment