Friday, January 8, 2021

Project: Quill Concept Art, A Concept Prompt

To start this concept art in a similar way to Claire Hummel I looked for a prompt to give me inspiration; as I regularly collect images to use for later reference I went into looking through my file of images and came across this image of hand sewn felt mouse ornaments - from this image i created a quick sketch. What came to mind when making this sketch was the idea of smallness of the character compared to human sized items like sewing kits (as we know humans possibly existed in the world of ‘Moss’). I incorporated how the mice would use these leftover items to build things, make their clothes or even as weapons.

Concept Art prompt sketch


One of the things that interested me the most about the ornaments was their hats, i researched into the style of hat to find they are called ‘Pixie Caps’, usually made from felt these hats are often worn by young children - the design inspires a fairy tale look and feel to the character’s design, which is something the developers wanted to show in their game and that i wanted to explore more as i moved onto the initial concepts.


Felt Mouse Ornaments

No comments:

Post a Comment