Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Semester 3 Project: A Journey Through an Art Book, Page 2 & 3


To start with I asked myself “What was I trying to do with these concepts?.” 

With the first initial concept i followed more closely to the description of a Hob that was used in Folk Tales like the tale of ‘The Hob at Hobgarth’ - 


“He was described as a little old fellow, with very long hair, large feet, hands, eyes and mouth stooping much as he walked and carrying a long holly stick.” 


In my next initial concept and as the project moved forward I followed the key elements of the Hobs design but added my own features and ideas formed from collecting imagery associated with the goblin aesthetic. 


Reference Library: 

Below is a collection of images found and saved that inspired and influenced these concepts; many of these  images are related to ‘Goblincore’ or in general Goblin related aesthetics. 



Research References:

No comments:

Post a Comment